Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 15, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2736 - 2600 Days! "Heartbeat" Sakamoto, Sylvian, Chavez - Music Monday for 2208.15




A Sense of Doubt blog post #2736 - 2600 Days! "Heartbeat" Sakamoto, Sylvian, Chavez - Music Monday for 2208.15

Today marks the 2600th day since my mother died.

I count these days and reflect on these milestone numbers because it seems incomprehensible to me that she is dead at all let alone that her death happened what is now approaching three thousand days ago.

The photo above comes from one of the good times with my Mom after she recovered from the meningitis.

Here we are shown returning from going to Hardings from our home on Richland Woods Court and venturing maybe half a mile, maybe less, to the village. She drove her wheelchair and I walked. As you can see, we bought flowers.

I wish Mom was up for doing that more often. We only did it a few times. But she had fun that day, which is all that matters.

The photo is from 2007.

So, today, in honor of all those days and in reflecting on how surreal it all feels and yet has become the "new" normal, this song that was brought to my attention again (I had quite forgotten about it) by my friend Helene Dunbar.


Jan 7, 2018


ambient30

Ryuichi Sakamoto feat David Sylvian and Ingrid Chavez - Heartbeat (Tainai Kaiki II)

Words: David Sylvian, Ryuichi Sakamoto
Music: Arto Lindsay, David Sylvian, Ryuichi Sakamoto
Vocals: David Sylvian, Ingrid Chavez

℗ 1992 Virgin Records
Music
SONG
"Heartbeat" (Tainai Kaiki II) Returning To The Womb (Remix)
ARTIST
Ryuichi Sakamoto, David Sylvian
ALBUM
Heartbeat (Tainai Kaiki II) Returning To The Womb

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2208.15 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2600 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: