Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1237 (SoD #2727) - - My new Mani Mantra pendant - contains ashes


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1237 (SoD #2727) -  - My new Mani Mantra pendant - contains ashes

Hi Mom, I haven't written to you in a while. My last HEY MOM post dates back to Mother's Day (May 8th) and before that January 27th, when we reached the milestone that you had been dead for 2400 days. I am getting close to the 2600 milestone now, which will happen on Monday the 15th of August, about a week from now.

For years, I have had a file open on my computer called "Pendants for My Mom's Ashes" that I last updated on December 30th 2015.

It took me six and a half years to finally choose and buy a pendant, so that I could wear your ashes around my neck in something that is meaningful to me.

Maybe when Liesel or one of the dogs dies (I expect the dogs to go first), I change to wearing their ashes. Or maybe I mix ashes of all my loved ones. I actually hope Dad outlives the dogs.

Anyway, in recent years, I have been able to let go of coping mechanisms to deal with losing you, Mom.

I stopped the daily alarm at 10:10 a.m. about two years after you died. I stopped kissing your Frantic Woman shirt every day before that. And other things, including stopping the daily HEY MOM posts on July 06th, 2018, three years to the day after you died.

Friday, July 6, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1096 - The Last Daily, Consecutive Hey Mom Post

DRAT!!

I just spotted a counting error with the HEY MOM posts in which I have two Hey Mom #1146 posts in January of 2019.

Oh well, too late to renumber now.

Oh wait. I may have fixed it. Yes. Okay. That's fixed, but there seems to be a gap between Hey MOM #1150 on February 10, 2019 and #1158 on March 31, 2019. I may have to investigate this, but for now I am going to trust that my numbering is accurate.

Anyway, here's the pendant list:

infinity

http://www.perfectmemorials.com/infinity-cylinder-stainless-steel-cremation-jewelry-engravable-p-8808.html?products_id=8808zmam=40893252&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=PM9808&gclid=Cj0KEQiAno60BRDt89rAh7qt-4wBEiQASes2tZ-M3408T8rHto01G3JyIA1VUxR94ba1Yefoh1NqSicaAguS8P8HAQ

panda cat pendant

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Panda-Stainless-Steel-Black-Cute-Cat-Charm-Cremation-Jewelry-Ashes-Pendant-Keepsake-Memorial-Urn-Necklace-With/32525126380.html

SOME NICE ONES

http://www.coopfunerals.co.uk/Memorials/Cremation-Memorials/Urns-and-Keepsakes/

possibly

http://www.coopfunerals.co.uk/Memorials/Cremation-Memorials/Urns-and-Keepsakes/Ashes-Pendant-Chelsea-Design-29/

Buddhist wheel pendant

Dharma chakra

Many good ones here

http://www.stardust-memorials.com/necklaces-for-ashes.html

AND SO I CHOSE THIS:

https://innerwisdomstore.com/products/tibetan-buddhist-mani-mantra-pendant-necklace

I wanted something meaningful independent of your ashes, Mom, something that I would want to wear as its own thing, expressing its own ideas.

This Mani Mantra pendant is just the thing, though the other day it came apart while I was out running errands, and I lost a few bits of your ashes!! I am going to have to be scrupulous about keeping it screwed together tightly and check it all the time. I wore it today to Portland and checked it when I got home, and it needed a few turns to tighten.

The pendant came with the mantra and prayer on a tiny scroll, which I removed to fill the vessel with your ashes, Mom.


In the other photos, above, I cheat and display the pendant on the book cover from The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake, which I just happened to be reading at the time but which looks cool.

I really liked the design of this pendant. Though I am not crazy about gold, this had a mix with silver, and so it seemed less garish.

And I liked the symbols on its face and the meaning of the Mani Mantra.

I want to learn how to use the Mani Mantra in practice. I need more spirituality in my life. I also want to start doing Tai Chi regularly.

Following, I have shared the Mani Mantra and the text from the Inner Wisdom site.

I am very happy with this decision, Mom, to carry you forward into the future like this, with this pendant, and this spiritual practice.

I love you, Mom.

I know you approve. I hear you.

Thanks.










+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you soon, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 2591 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2208.06 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27 and 1907.04) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. Dropped "Talk to you tomorrow, Mom" in the sign off on 1907.04. Should have done it sooner as this feature is no longer daily.

No comments: