Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, December 2, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2845 - Death Series #004 - The Infinity Burial Project



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2845 - Death Series #004 - The Infinity Burial Project

This is how I want my body to disposed of when I die.

I want to become part of the "mycorrhizal network" for all time because everything is connected; we ar all connected.

Cremation is too brutal, expensive in terms of energy, and a pollutant.

See today's content from the Tisdale book following the image below.

Thanks for tuning in.

ENJOY.


THE DEATH SERIES - POST #004 OF 10

In a series of ten posts over 12-13 days, I am presenting a fact a day about death from the book I am reading titled Advice for Future Corpses by Sallie Tisdale. I hope the thought provoking facts that I share will enrich your life as much as they have enriched mine.

LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.




"Jae Rim Lee went to MIT to study ways to redesign the human environment. She became particularly interested in waste, including that around human death. She studied conventional methods of embalming and burial, and then she studied mycoremediation, the use of mushrooms to repair environmental damage. She founded the Infinity Burial Project and the Decompiculture Society, which are intended to help people get comfortable with what you might call postmortem change. Her Infinity Burial Suit (and soon the Infinity Burial Shroud) looks like one-piece pajamas: soft and roomy, with a hood, face mask, gloves, and footies. A line of white buttons looks stylish but is intended to ease dressing a body. The dark fabric is covered in white lines running along the edges like an embroidered vine impregnated with a bio mix of mushroom mycelium and other micoorganisms. After burial, the mushrooms sprout and speed up decomposition. (The strains used are found around the world in order to avoid introducing invasive species.) The mushrooms also break down and neutralize toxins from the human body and -- according to the Infinity Burial Project, which continues to study the process -- increase the body's release of nutrients and energy to the soil.

"You can also buy a mushroom suit for your pet" (Tisdale 166).



Work Cited

Tisdale, Sallie. Advice for Future Corpses (And Those Who Love Them): A Practical Perspective on Death and Dying. Gallery Books, Simon and Schuster, 2018.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2212.02 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2709 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: