Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, December 5, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2848 - Reprint of SoD #2197 - "That I Would Be Good" by Alanis Morrisette



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2848 - Reprint of SoD #2197 - "That I Would Be Good" by Alanis Morrisette


Just a reprint today; one worth remembering.

Returning to Death Series tomorrow.


LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.



Monday, February 22, 2021



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2197 - That I Would Be Good - Musical Monday for 2102.22

I watched Senstive -- the Untold Storythis weekend in which the documentarians focused on the work of many psychologists, especially Elaine Aron author of The Highly Sensitive Person among other books. Alanis Morissette was featured in an interview, in which she discussed the origins of her song "That I Would Be Good," which she wrote in her closet by the light of a little candle to hide from the ten+ people jammed into her living room, and how she was so easily overwhelmed as a highly sensitive person (HSP) in an industry with fame and fortune that did not understand or make safe space for highly sensitive people.

I recommend all these things.

Because if you are not an HSP, you certainly know at least one HSP in your life.

This song makes so much more sense now, though it made sense before. It's a great song for self-care and self-forgiveness.

Alanis Morissette - "That I Would Be Good"




Provided to YouTube by Maverick
That I Would Be Good · Alanis Morissette
The Collection ℗ 1998 Maverick Recording Company

Flute, Piano, Producer, Vocals: Alanis Morissette
Mellotron, Organ: Benmont Tench
Bass Guitar: Chris Chaney
Engineer: Christopher Fogel
Programmer, Remixer: Christopher Fogel
Drums, Percussion: Gary Novak
Arranger, Guitar, Mixer, Piano, Producer, Programmer, Synthesizer: Glen Ballard
Engineer: Glen Ballard
Guitar: Joel Shearer
Guitar: Nick Lashley
Second Engineer: Roger Sommers
Additional Recording: Scott Campbell
Programmer: Shad T. Scott
Writer: Alanis Morissette
Writer: Glen Ballard





Alanis Morissette - "That I Would Be Good" (LIVE)



Roxy Theatre
New York ,1999.
Instagram: @bruno_recifense




Bonus song. I listened to it this morning, and I think it relates and connects.

"BURY IT" - CHVRCHES


Bury It (featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore) - Stream: http://po.st/BvryFB​

Download: http://po.st/EOExtdiTfb​

Tour Dates / Sign up: http://www.chvrch.es​

http://www.facebook.com/chvrches​

http://instagram.com/chvrches​

http://twitter.com/chvrches​

http://chvrches.tumblr.com











+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2102.22 - 10:10
- Days ago = 2061 days ago
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2212.05 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2712 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: