Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3311 - OSCARS 2024: Jimmy Kimmel Told Not to Read the Trump Tweet



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3311 - OSCARS 2024: Jimmy Kimmel Told Not to Read the Trump Tweet


I wasn't going to watch the Oscars, but then I did.

This was my favorite moment that I want to immortalize on my blog for all time.

Final grade push now so still in low power mode.

Thanks for tuning in.






Brian Tyler Cohen
Mar 10, 2024
NEW: Jimmy Kimmel HUMILIATES Trump ON STAGE at the Oscars



https://ew.com/oscars-jimmy-kimmel-told-not-to-read-donald-trump-social-media-post-8607213


Jimmy Kimmel says he was told not to read real Donald Trump message at Oscars: 'Yes, I am'

The Oscars host revealed that he improvised the moment because he had "a little bit of time" at the Academy Awards.


Jimmy Kimmel says he received an executive order (of sorts) before reading one of Donald Trump's social media posts live on stage at the 2024 Oscars.

Near the end of Sunday night's 96th Academy Awards, the returning ceremony emcee read a message Trump shared to Truth Social, which disparaged Kimmel's hosting abilities. In an interview with Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos that aired Monday morning, Kimmel revealed that he improvised the bit after he was told he had extra time to play with during the show, but that he was ultimately asked not to read the note on the air.

“They’re like, ‘You’ve got a little bit of time’ and I was like, ‘I’m reading the Trump tweet,’ and they’re like, ‘No, no, don’t read that,'" Kimmel said with a laugh, though he didn't clarify who told him not to bring up Trump's note. "[I was like] ‘Yes, I am.’"

EW has reached out to the Academy and representatives for Kimmel for more information.

Trump's post ripped Kimmel's comedic chops and hosting abilities, asking if there could be a "worse host" while urging the Oscars to "get rid of Kimmel" and replace him with "another washed up, but cheap, ABC 'talent,' George Slopanopoulos [sic]."

Kimmel responded to Trump's criticism on stage at the Dolby Theatre, looking into the camera as he thanked the former president for watching.

"I'm surprised you're still [up] — isn’t it past your jail time?" he quipped, which prompted an uproar of applause from the audience.

Other highlights from the telecast included Emma Stone winning Best Actress amid a wardrobe malfunctionRyan Gosling's cameo-filled performance of Barbie tune "I'm Just Ken," and Messi the Anatomy of a Fall dog peeing on Matt Damon's Hollywood Walk of Fame star.

LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2403.12 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3175 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: