Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3318 - Trump-Kimmel Feud - "Barbie Was Laughing At You!"



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3318 - Trump-Kimmel Feud - "Barbie Was Laughing At You!"

Last week, I posted about Jimmy Kimmel reading a tweet from Trump sent during and about the Oscars and the Oscars host, Kimmel.

Here's that post:


Tuesday, March 12, 2024



A week later, Trump is still VERY bothered by Kimmel reading his tweet on the Oscars broadcast.

Remember, nearly EVERYTHING out of Trump's mouth is projection, like the core of his rebuttals to this story.

Speaking of Kimmel, Trump says "this guy is even dumber than I thought."

No, that's you Trump because you clearly don't "get" what's going on here.

Also, Trump complains about the video of Kimmel reading the tweet going viral as if KIMMEL is upset about it, and it's a problem for him.

Um... no. That's you Donald. YOU are clearly bothered by it going viral. Kimmel is loving it, and as he points out "Barbie was laughing at you!"

This is so classic of Trump, especially his infatuation with ratings. He's all about the ratings and the clickbait. Btu hey, we watched the Oscars. Loved this moment with Kimmel.

Again, this thing Kimmel did got me to follow him on Twitter.

Thanks for tuning in.



Donald Trump attacks Jimmy Kimmel over Oscars jab: 'This guy's even dumber than I thought'

"The thing went viral, it’s been all over the world now, and all he had to do is keep his mouth shut,” the former president said.



The 2024 Oscars may feel like ancient history a week after the ceremony, but one person still isn’t ready to let them go: Donald Trump.

In an interview with Fox News’ Howard Kurtz on Sunday, the former president once again criticized Jimmy Kimmel’s hosting style and explained why he posted inflammatory comments during the Academy Awards. “Jimmy Kimmel — every night, he hits me, I guess,” Trump said. “His ratings are terrible, he’s not a talented guy. I hear he hits me all the time, so I figured I’d hit him, because I thought he was a lousy host.”

The former Apprentice host penned a disjointed rant against Kimmel during the telecast. "Has there EVER been a WORSE HOST than Jimmy Kimmel at The Oscars," Trump wrote on truthsocial.com. "His opening was that of a less than average person trying too hard to be something which he is not, and never can be. Get rid of Kimmel and perhaps replace him with another washed up, but cheap, ABC 'talent,' George Slopanopoulos. He would make everybody on stage look bigger, stronger, and more glamorous."

Trump's post continued, "Also a really bad politically correct show tonight, and for years - Disjointed, boring, and very unfair. Why don’t they just give the Oscars to those that deserve them. Maybe that way their audience and TV ratings will come back from the depths."

On Sunday’s Fox News interview, Trump said he was surprised to hear his own words read back to him by Kimmel during the telecast shortly after posting them. “I never expected he was gonna be reading it. Just prior to the Movie of the Year — which is the big one, right? That’s the big one. I think they get the man, the woman, now the Movie of the Year — he reads my Truth on air… and now the big story is that they all begged him not to do it.”

After Kimmel read the Truth Social post during the live awards show, he took a jab at Trump: "I'm surprised you're still [up] — isn’t it past your jail time?"

In an interview with Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos the following morning, the Jimmy Kimmel Live host said he was advised not to read Trump’s message during the ceremony. “They’re like, ‘You’ve got a little bit of time’ and I was like, ‘I’m reading the Trump tweet,’ and they’re like, ‘No, no, don’t read that,'" Kimmel said. "[I was like] ‘Yes, I am.’”

Trump noted that Kimmel’s invocation of his post ended up bringing it much more attention than it would have received otherwise. “I said, ‘This guy’s even dumber than I thought,’” he recalled. “The thing went viral, it’s been all over the world now, and all he had to do is keep his mouth shut.”





Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Donald Trump calling him a 'lousy host' after Oscars joke: 'I love that this bothered him so much'

The late-night host read the former president's review of the Oscars during its broadcast before asking, "Isn't it past your jail time?"


The 2024 Oscars may be over, but the feud between Jimmy Kimmel and Donald Trump rages ever onward. 

The late-night host opened Monday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live by addressing the former president’s Fox News interview in which he attacked Kimmel and labelled him “not a talented guy” and a “lousy host” at the Oscars. The Apprentice host’s remarks come after Kimmel read a part of Trump’s disjointed social media review of the award ceremony during its live broadcast before asking, “Isn’t it past your jail time?”

Kimmel revealed on his show that he was “at my niece and nephew’s music recital” when he first learned about Trump’s remarks. “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised,” he said. “Donald Trump has said I’m not talented so many times Eric [Trump] is starting to get jealous.”

“But what he doesn’t realize is that I love this,” Kimmel continued. “I love that this bothered him so much. I love that Fox picked a news guy nobody knows to interview him. And I especially love when he tries to spin the fact that everyone was laughing at him into a positive. By the way, you forget why it went viral all over the world.” 

A clip of Kimmel telling the joke at the ceremony to laughter and applause from the crowd — including Margot Robbie — was then shown. “Barbie was laughing at you!” Kimmel declared. “Not only were they laughing at you on Oscar Sunday, there are now dozens of ‘past your jail time’ shirts for sale. There are mugs, there are tank tops, there’s an ‘isn’t it past your jail time’ backpack. People are writing it outside the Trump hotel. There are billboards in Pennsylvania, in Florida, and there are a lot more to come.” 

He added, “But if only I’d kept my mouth shut — imagine him telling anyone they should’ve kept their mouth shut. I mean, that should be on his tombstone.”

Kimmel then challenged Trump to join him and find out which one of them is the smartest once and for all. “Maybe you’re right about me being dumb,” he said. “You know, we should take one of those cognitive tests or an IQ test together or maybe we could sit down for a long game of Scrabble and find out who has the bigly-er brain. I would love to do that with you.”

Still, Kimmel later explained that he understood that Trump was “wounded” by his joke and was “lashing out” as a result.

“Even though I know his intent was to hurt me, I’m going to focus on the positive things he said,” he joked, before cutting to a heavily-edited rendition of Trump’s interview that made it look as if the Apprentice host had said only nice things about him. 

“Thank you. You know what, it's very big of you to admit that," he joked in response to the clip. "And I’m sorry I ruined your Sunday night with Melania. I know how many great late night talks you two have.” 

Watch Kimmel react to Trump's comments in the clip below.




>

Jimmy Kimmel Live
Mar 18, 2024  #Kimmel
Jimmy’s son Billy had a list of things he was expecting for St. Patrick’s Day, the large orange leprechaun Donald Trump spent his weekend stewing over a joke Jimmy made about him at the Oscars, people all over are making “Isn’t it Past Your Jail Time?” merchandise, Trump’s lawyers told the court today that they can’t find anyone to put up the $454 million bond he needs to cover what he owes the state of New York, Donny made a stop in Dayton, Ohio where he made some disturbing remarks, his former Vice Poodle is not being a very good boy, and we sent a crew to a Trump rally in South Carolina to give those gathered a simple citizenship test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2403.19 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3182 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: