Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, March 23, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3322 - Essel Buttermilk: post-op: Recovery beginning 2403.22



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3322 - Essel Buttermilk: post-op: Recovery beginning 2403.22

Essel Buttermilk had surgery yesterday.

As I type these words, she is snuggled against my right hip, snoring.

She had two procedures: the spay and adjustment to her nares, opening the nostrils so she can breathe better.

I took her to the vet for a 7:30 a.m. check in yesterday. I kept her on my lap as I drove the 16.5 miles to Ridgefield and North County Animal Hospital.

She cuddled.

She trembled. Maybe she was shivering. But I know she does not like the car, and she was just at the vet last week for blood work, so I think she was trembling. She was scared.

The surgery went well. She had to have some baby teeth removed.

Now, we have to keep her restful and out of trouble for TWO WEEKS. Not an easy thing to do. There may be crate time in her future, which will mean a lot of crying.

We may also have to bring back the gate for the stairs, which is problem for the other dogs, mainly Ellory, who goes up and down the stairs a lot.

We will manage.




Picture from the car after the vet delivered her from the recovery room 2:45 (14:45) Friday 2403.22:



Side view once home and resting on the chaise, same moment as the topper photo: 
15:45 (3:45 p.m.) 2403.22





I only have one Essel post so far as she is such a new addition to the family (since late November 2023). Here it is:


Monday, January 1, 2024


Thanks for tuning in!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2403.23 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3186 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: