Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #481 - Lizzie Borden


Lizzie Borden House - 1610.30
photo and effects by Liesel MK Tower
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #481 - Lizzie Borden

Lizzie Borden - late in her life
20+ years after the murders
Hi Mom,

I know you love this best. Here's a whole bunch of photos from our trip.

But first, the one above is of the Lizzie Borden house where Liesel and I went on this day, Sunday, in the morning, down to Fall River. After seeing the "crime scene," we had some chowder.

We had a great time on this trip.

We were smarter about activity this time, making sure we had plenty of rest. Plus, I had work to do, so I needed some "down" time.

I managed the rental car much more easily here in the states than in Scotland. Not that I had many problems in Scotland, but with bigger roads, and traffic that is not literally coming right you, I did much better.

I love this picture to the left. After Lizzie Borden was acquitted of the double homicide that most people believe she committed (but maybe she didn't), she and her sister Emma had a very large inheritance to enjoy. They bought a lavish home and lived a very comfortable life. Lizzie took to giving parties for thespian groups, as she loved theatre folk. Eventually, Emma moved out, disgusted with "what was going on in the house," but no one knows for sure if she was referring to those parties or something else.

Apparently, you can stay the night in the Lizzie Borden house as it is now a B&B. One can stay in the bed room where one of the murders took place or in the room that had been Lizzie's or her father's.
We were told that many times people end up spending the night in their cars in the parking lot, unable to spend the entire night in the house.

a house Liesel liked in Marblehead




Ghoul on Essex Street, Salem

OLD BURIAL GROUNDS - FROM SALEM TRIP - 1611.29













CORWIN WITCH HOUSE - FROM SALEM TRIP - 1611.29




















Liesel and Rowena at FINZ 1610.29





photo by Liesel

photo by Liesel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 483 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1610.30 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: