Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1063 - Three Years Ago - Scotland Part Seven

St. Mary's Church Grounds
Dunvegan, Isle of Skye
Scotland
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1063 - Three Years Ago - Scotland Part Seven

Hi Mom,

So I was going through my posts about Scotland to find my favorite photo of me and Liesel (see below for the one that separates the old post from the new post), and I saw this post and decided to reprint it because I am behind on my blog once again and need quick to publish options.

So, in this reprint, along with the text from the original item 109 days after your death, Mom, I am posting a dozen photos, most of which I have not posted before, favorites from the trip, which Liesel and I returned from about three years ago right around this time of the year.

We want to go back. We have a quandary. Do we go somewhere new or do we go back to the places we love and the other places in Scotland and surrounding areas that we did not see last time?

Here's some photos followed by the reprinted text.

Dunvegan Castle 1505.22 (2)

Dunvegan Gardens 1505.22

Edinburgh 1505.27

Edinburgh 1505.27

Edinburgh Castle 1505.27

Glasgow-Rioja 1505.28

Glenturret 1505.27 (37)

Glenturret 1505.27 (38)

Northern Coast of Isle of Skye Trotternish 1505.23 (2)


St. Andrews 1505.26 (35)

Uig Goodbye 1505.24 (10)

St Marys Church Donevegan 150522 (14)

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #107 - Scotland pt.1

Hi Mom,

On Tuesday May 12th, I actually texted Dad in May the following: "Mom has to stay well until I get back from Scotland."

I feel badly about that now. You went to the ER with trouble breathing, which had been caused by acid reflux.

I had forgotten all about the text until Dad texted me from Mackinac Island the other day, and I saw the old texts.

Liesel and I were then in Scotland from May 19th to the 29th. So, you made it! You waited to die until after I got back. In fact, you waited until I was on a work break, which I thought was very considerate of you.

I am probably a terrible person for writing those previous sentences.

Anyway, one of your last times together before your downward slide, Mom, was spent showing you all my pictures from Scotland. I had meant to do a blog entry for each day when we were there, but then that didn't happen, and I was not able to finish a travel log when I returned home either.

So... how about I entertain you again with all the photos. I have 514 of them, so I cannot show you one a day even for the rest of the year, so I will be selective and give you a sample and share impressions from my trip with you on this blog.

I love this picture. I used it as my Facebook banner photo for a few weeks.

I am sorry I said you had to stay well until I got back, but I appreciate that you did.

ST, MARY'S, Dunvegan, Skye

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 109 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1510.21 - 20:12
and 1510.23 - 19:01

Me and Liesel, Skeabost Bridge, Isle of Skye
Scotland, 1505.21
see more at -
http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2015/12/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-162-best.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1065 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1806.03 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: