Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1067 - Me and Mom - Early April 1962 - Throwback Thursday for 1806.07

Me and Mom - Early April 1962
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1067 - Me and Mom - Early April 1962 - Throwback Thursday for 1806.07

Hey Mom,

This is going to be one of those random, catch-all, stream-of-consciousness type posts.
Me - Etive Mor 1505.20

I am doing well with task switching today.

Earlier I was listening to a video about Blockchain while watering plants and later, I was listening to the video (intermittent viewing) in between innings of the Cubs game.

I am trying to limit Internet distractions and use them to be more productive.

So, for instance, though I took a short Instagram break a couple of hours ago, my last break was working on this blockchain Python, and so I installed pip, flask, and requests and associated the right paths for terminal commands in my instance of windows on my desktop. I also dumped the terminal text, so I could repeat the steps on my laptop at some point.

Also, earlier today, I downloaded the PDF of Think Python from THIS LINK. Wow. Did you know that you can search your web history? That's useful. That's how I got that link.

That was a potentially hazardous project as I just decided to buy two books, one print, one Kindle.

Me - yrs 10 months Cubs
Okay, random switch. After being here for months, I finally have calendars up in my office. I have not hung these on the walls in my office, which is a project I plan to tackle soon. After moving here last August, I never managed to get my 2017 back on the walls for the rest of the year. I bought my 2018 wall calendars late, in maybe March or April, and I just put them up a couple of weeks ago. I had a reason in the past for two wall calendars, and this reason no longer exists. However, I am accustomed to two wall calendars, so I kept the practice. However, I have eliminated the page-a-day calendars. At one time, I was up to four page-a-day calendars. The last couple of years, I reduced to two. I did not buy any page-a-day calendars for 2018. Usually I got leftover page-a-day calendars at the calendar kiosk in the mall in January for marked down prices. Not knowing if the Vancouver Mall has such a kiosk, I skipped the purchase this year.

me - eating chapulines - May 2018
Foaming hand sanitizer. I have run out and I do not know where to buy more. Or I should say that Amazon does not sell the kind I want. However, a seller on e-bay does sell it, though I am a little leery. But what the heck. Trust the process, right? It's the hand sanitizer I want in a three-pack.



I just upgraded to the new g-mail format. Not bad, Google. I still like you even though you do things with my data that I would disapprove of.

So, I volunteered to help at the Portland Spring League all day tournament on Saturday. After tons of great weather and warm, dry days, Saturday is forecast to be a high of  63 (low of 49) and  70% chance of showers. But it looks to be intermittent, and we may luck out. I am assuming they have tents and that much of my work will be in tents. I am tempted to go buy the pair of water proof shoes I have been wanting to get tomorrow. My BROOKS Glycerins could get very soggy and take a long time to dry if I wear them. It seems to me that things dry much more slowly here in the PACNW. This slowness could be my imagination. Then again, I could save money and wear one my old pairs, though this is less healthy for being on my feet all day as those shoes are retired for a reason.

Me and Helene circa 1989?
What else? Cubs won. So that's good. I like being able to work serenaded by Baseball, which I run as audio on my desktop with the video feed on my laptop set to my left.

I am behind on a lot of things. I have stacks of things all over my office that need attention as well as just finishing the unpacking and putting things away.

I miss having a door on my office.

Liesel and I are trying SUN BASKET. I haven't saved the book mark yet, so it's still tentative. Tonight's meal is "One-pan chorizo paella with cauliflower “rice,” piquillo peppers, and lemon-garlic aioli." Sounds good, right?

It's easier for me to accomplish meals in this subscription format with all the ingredients provided. Assembling ingredients is the most difficult and stressful thing about following a recipe. So unless it's simple and/or I already have most of what is on hand, then it's too difficult for me to assemble a meal, at least not every day.

Me Birthday 1988
I have a coaching appointment tomorrow morning with a recruiter who has offered to give me advice. So, I will share a report on that, though I have planned that tomorrow will be my long awaited post on the Kotlin presentation I gave at last week's Code and Learn in Vancouver. At least the post is long awaited by me.

Tigers game is on now.

I have more work, then walk the dogs, and make dinner.

I could ramble on, but that's enough. However, I will add some other photos.

Take care.

Hold on tight.

People love you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1069 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1806.07 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: