Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1071 - Everything is Never Enough, a Musical Monday Mix for 1806.11


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1071 - Everything is Never Enough, a Musical Monday Mix for 1806.11

Hi Mom,

This is another one of those mixes. I start with a song that is in my suggested You Tube feed, for this one it was "Everything is Never Enough" by Goldfrapp, and the I build off that track. I usually emphasize the title track and artist with 3-4 videos total. This mix is 16 videos with three by Goldfrapp.

Then I let the You Tube suggestions on each page guide me, adding other tracks that occur to me. For instance, last night, I heard Tracy Chapman's "All You Have Is Your Soul," so I decided to add it.

But as I build, I merge my own directions with You Tube's suggestions. For instance, I also decided to add one Neko Case's new songs because it's a constant soundtrack in our house lately.

Goldfrapp makes me think of Imogen Heap, and so a track from her and one from Frou Frou get featured. Many others were suggested by You Tube, such as Bjork, Mazzy Star, Fiona Apple, and Cat Power.

Almost all the tracks are from women with the exception of Enigma and that's a feminine-styled track and "band." I like the Enigma track because it really switches the flow. I do not always choose tracks that all have the same quality, which is why I added a folky influence with Joni Mitchell and Emmylou Harris.

I like how these somewhat random mixes come together. This one's pretty good!

EVERYTHING IS NEVER ENOUGH - A MUSICAL MONDAY MIX FOR 1806.11

1. Goldfrapp - Everything Is Never Enough (Official Video)
2. Neko Case "Bad Luck" 05/17/18 - LIVE ON KEXP
3. björk - the gate
4. Imogen Heap - The Song That Never Was (Rymdlego Mix)
5. Tracy Chapman - All That You Have Is Your Soul - 12/4/1988 - Oakland Coliseum Arena
6. Joni Mitchell (Crosby, Stills, Nash) - Get Together (Live 1969)
7. Goldfrapp - Ocean Feat. Dave Gahan (Official Video)
8. Mazzy Star - Fade Into You - 10/2/1994 - Shoreline Amphitheatre (Official)
9. Portishead - Glory Box
10. Fiona Apple - Fast As You Can
11. Frou Frou - A New Kind Of Love (RARE)
12. Cat Power - "Cross Bones Style"
13. The Breeders "Wait In The Car" 04/22/18 - Live on Later ... With Jools
14. Tulsa Queen, Emmylou Harris
15. Goldfrapp - Strict Machine at Glastonbury 2014 by BBC



LINK TO MIX - "EVERYTHING IS NEVER ENOUGH"





















































EMBEDDED LINK TO ENTIRE PLAYLIST ON YOU TUBE


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1073 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1806.11 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: