Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #285 - Phoenix Gambit



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #285 - Phoenix Gambit

Hi Mom, As promised more comics. I love this blog and follow it avidly: FROM DIVERSIONS OF THE GROOVY KIND.

The Groovy one, Lloyd Smith, posts daily all sorts of groovy comics stuff, often full issues like this one from September of 1977 written by Doug Moench and drawn by Mike Zeck and John Tartaglione. It was Zeck's Master of Kung Fu debut. Though soon he would give way to Paul Gulacy, who cut his teeth originally on this great book that blended the interest in martial arts generated by Bruce Lee and the TV show Kung Fu among other pop culture ephemera with a James Bond style spy thriller motif and a cast of aides very much in the Doc Savage vein.

Here's part one of the Phoenix Gambit story, which ends with a game of cosmic chess following up on another great comic I have posted part of -- Giant Size Defenders #3 -- here in WEEKLY COMICS FOR 1408.27, though I have the entire issue saved on my hard drive.


















Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 287 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1604.17 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: