Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #298 - 300 Days Ago

Marjorie Ellen Tower - 70th Birthday
October 8, 2006
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #298 - 300 Days Ago

Hey Mom, I am still a day behind on posts, but I am catching up.

So, Mom, you died 300 days ago. This number feels like a milestone, so I am acknowledging it.

It's also the home stretch. I devoted myself to writing daily blogs to you for a year, much like my year of T-shirts. Having reached 300, I am in the last part of the year with 65 days until July 4th and 67 days until I shut down the daily transmission, since I started the blog two days after you died.

I still think of you every day.

I still talk to you every day.

I still hear your voice every day.

I still miss you every day. In fact, the other day, in Meijer, I was struck by how much I miss you. From 2001 to 2014, I took you to Meijer so many times. So much so, that I wrote about it here:
Hey Mom #14.

I don't have much else to say today.

300 days. Wow.

But I will close with this: I know my experience is not unique. I know many people have lost a loved one, a mother, a child. Some people have lost many loved ones and come through more intense tragedy and pain than I can imagine. I have had it easy. I know that. I have been lucky. I know. For anyone who is reading, I am not writing this blog because my experience is unique; I am writing because I need to do it. I need to continue to feel the closeness that came with conversation and sharing. I need to be mindful of how I am feeling, how I am coping, how I am evolving. This blog journey has really helped me. Much like the T-shirts blog, I am healing; I am growing. I persist.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 300 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1604.30 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.


No comments: