Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #348 - Walk with Dad & Dad's Day






Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #348 - Walk with Dad & Dad's Day

Hi Mom, Last night, Liesel and I met Dad and his friend Faye at the Park Club for the combination birthday and Father's Day celebration.

It was bittersweet, as you know.

Dad cried; I cried. I saw Lori cry a little. We were thinking of you, Mom. Last year when we all gathered at the condo on Saturday June 20th for the combination celebration it was the last day you would eat, and you did not eat much. The next day, the 21st, basically a year ago, you didn't eat. You started the process of active dying. By July 4th, you passed away.

This is going to be a difficult two weeks as we think about this year without you and all the years ahead without you. I don't know how you survived this after losing your own mother at such a young age (you were both young).

In this photo, left, is the spot in the Memorial Garden at the Richland Presbyterian Church that is the final resting place for most of your ashes.


I went to Richland and accompanied Dad on his daily walk to the garden, where he talks to you, and Faye's husband Bob, each day.

It was a beautiful day for a walk.


There are so many beautiful days. I think of you and how much you would enjoy the day, and then I do something to celebrate life. I try not to wallow in how much I miss you.

So, it's Father's Day.

I grilled meat.

Liesel gave me gifts and showed me love.

Yesterday, I showed Dad love with gifts and hugs. I love my Dad, the Big Guy, very much. Thank you for marrying him, Mom.

Now I am going to do what I love to do on a Sunday: relax, watch Tigers Baseball, and read.

Richland Village Square Park

The Big Guy on our walk
  
Your name plate among the others in the Memorial Garden

Dad walking to the spot where we buried your ashes

And below, several dramatic shots of the Richland Presbyterian Church.

We're going Dad in church next Sunday for his birthday.

I know you're proud and happy, Mom.








































Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 350 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1606.19 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: