Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #357 - Work days with the Big Guy



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #357 - Work days with the Big Guy

Hi Mom, This one's mostly pictures. There's been lots of work around here lately with the Big Guy, my Dad, you know, Robert "Bob" Tower, your husband.

In the photo above, I had to insist that Dad smiled. It's a good smile.

This photo gallery charts our power washing of the deck and then staining the deck.

Liesel does not like the stain color (see sample pick of the color swatch below). But the staining of the deck is more about preserving the wood than looks. We needed solid stain. She wanted grey. We miscommunicated.

AND we will need to power wash again later this summer or early in the fall. We skipped a section of the house because we were running out of time and energy.

As you know, Mom, Dad and I have always done these work days. They used to be in support of our home, ours together as a family. But now, mostly, they are in support of my home with Liesel and the kids.

Dad told me that  a year ago he would not have been able to do all this work. He's doing yoga, and it's really helped him.

Also, he was taking care of you, and in your last two years, it was not as easy for us to bring you along and stash you in front of a TV or for a nap on the a couch.

I know these pictures would be interesting to you, Mom; you would look at them all, nodding and smiling. But my other readers may not find much of interest here. Still, I like our work and the before-after progression of the deck staining. I have also added my Instagram/Twitter/Facebook posts and captions. "SO MUCH DIRT!!!"

These times with my Dad are precious. I would not trade them for anything in the world.








































Satchel: "I want to come outside, please."
Me: "No, you are already covered with stain."

Satchel, thinking: "How could I get outside without his help."
Me: "Satchel, don't even think you're getting outside until the stain dries."



ALL DONE!! Four days later, the deck looks great, if you like cape grey as a color that is.






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 359 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1606.28 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.



No comments: