Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #370 - Musical Monday for 1607.11


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #370 - Musical Monday for 1607.11

Hi Mom, And still, I keep going. I may not always be able to post on the day listed (like this is for Monday and it's now Tuesday), but as long as I am close, I will keep the daily frequency until I see a pressing need to skip a day.

The music today has not inter locking theme, and in the interests of getting it up right away, I am not adding very much to it. I usually start these Musical Monday posts the week before, so as I am finishing up this one, I start adding leftovers to the next.

I guess if this has a theme then it's a theme of recommendations.

This first selection, Hakobune, comes from Warren Ellis, as do many good things in my life. I am thankful for his social media dissemination of the things he discovers and/or likes.

The next selection is as promised Saturday a new band shared with me by Colin MacCreery called Lamb. I can't believe that a band that's been around since 1996 and connects with other musical loves I have, such as Portishead, has escaped my notice until now. Just one video, though, and a very artfully made one.

The next song is an old favorite of mine that I saw a different version of posted to Piper's wall, and so I shared. Can't beat performances from British music magazine award shows, especially NME.

The next four songs come via Piper, my step daughter, and a mix she made me when we first met, shortly after I started dating her mother (who is now my wife). I wanted Piper to introduce me to a bunch of new music, and she did. JayMay was the first cut on the mix, and I loved it instantly, knowing me and Piper would share a bond. But I love all these songs.

Lastly, YouTube knows that I LOVE Sigur Rós and so it shows me both the new release "Óveður" and a companion, the "Route One" as explained with the video: "For more than 24 hours over the longest day of the year the group live-streamed the entire drive around Iceland’s coastal ring road, set to a live generating soundtrack created in real time from the band’s new song "Óveður." The song now serves as the soundtrack to this newly condensed version of the journey."






Lamb "Wise Enough"





Billy Bragg and Kate Nash sing "Foundations" and "A New England" at the NME awards in 2007.





Jaymay - "Gray or Blue"



Sia - "Buttons"




"Sleepwalking" - Modest Mouse - live Ithaca, NY 1504.19




Art Brut - "Emily Kane"



Sigur Rós - Route One (Timelapse)




Sigur Rós: Óveður [Official Video]




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 372 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - date - time

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: