Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #377 - Musical Monday for 1607.18

David Sylvian from "Ghosts" video - TV - 3/18/82
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #377 - Musical Monday for 1607.18

Hi Mom,

Here we are on another Musical Monday, and I am once again sharing music.

Today's word is celebrate.

Celebrate life, celebrate love, celebrate health, celebrate centeredness, celebrate being.

I had a great weekend, and I am slow to get back in the swing of work.

I have a new attitude because I did something I do not normally do: took the weekend off from work. With the exception of working from about 10-3 on Saturday, I did no more work the rest of the weekend and spent lots of time with my lovely wife, Liesel.

Really, my time off started Friday when I took a 20 mile ride on my bike along the Kal Haven trail.

I am resolved to take a longish bike ride every Friday this summer to gird myself against when I get super busy again, needing to remind myself that I must always make time to exercise.

And making time is what this weekend was all about.



Liesel and I started our weekend by going to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning BEFORE I teach my classes. I never want to do things like that as anxiety usually compels me to work. But, knowing that the trip to the market was important to Liesel, and trying to dedicate myself to working less, I skipped out and went with her and was not too nagging about getting back home in time to teach. Not to say I missed my classes but rather that I was not a ball of stress and complaint about returning.

I worked until 3 p.m. then took the dog for a walk. Then Liesel and I went out to dinner and tried to see Ivan's show at Louie's, but this was a failure as are old and Liesel is prone to stomach aches.



AND, Liesel and I are watching the Showtime program Penny Dreadful on Netflix. We watched one episode, and then Liesel was asleep before Ivan and the Cantaloupes would have finished their set.



More on Penny Dreadful in a future post.

On Sunday, I spent most of the morning in the kitchen with Liesel, helping her cook, and working on my laptop rather than being holed up in my office.

We BOTH walked the dog, and then watched more Penny Dreadful and our new Sunday night addiction called The Night Of, which is currently running on HBO.


It was a great weekend, but now, back to work.

sigh.

The bulk of this week's Musical Monday features my playlist of songs for dancing around and singing when I finally had the house to myself and was alone -- even the dog was gone as her dislikes loud music -- last week. It was a celebration. Not all the songs are "happy" but then I am not unhappy when singing lines like "there's not enough room in the world for my pain." It's really not as bad as it sounds.

But first, two electronica musical selections from two of my favorite electronic artists.

And then on to the playlist, which features several live videos. It's awesome.

Happy Monday.

Celebrate.


Pye Corner Audio - Zones - by the Head Technician




MOTION SICKNESS OF TIME TRAVEL - Affinity



PLAYLIST FROM WEDNESDAY JULY 13 - DANCING, SINGING, & CELEBRATING



"Ghosts" - Japan




"Ghost" - Indigo Girls

Very cool alternate version.

The Harvard-Radcliffe Veritones perform "Ghost" by the Indigo Girls in their Spring 2011 Jam, L.O.V.E. Arranged by Eric Hart '03. Christina Buckley '11 solos, with Sandy Uwimana '14 on harmony.





David Bowie - "Wild is the Wind" - live



The Housemartins - "Flag Day"



"The Whole Point of No Return" - Style Council - live 1984




Paul Weller - "Brand New Start" - Later Live - BBC2 - Friday 5th October 2001




Talking Heads - Live in Rome 1980 - 11  - "The Great Curve"




Peter Gabriel - "I Have the Touch"





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 379 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1607.18 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: