Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #491 - The Worst Day Ever - The Day After


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #491 -  The Worst Day Ever - The Day After

Hi Mom,

Trump won.
Glad you're not here to see this.
This whole day was awful.
So depressed.
So upset.
So very, very afraid.

But in trying to find positives, I had this exchange with a former student who write me with a "what the Hell just happened?" message.

This was my reply:


I am glad you have a belief that I am a smart person. :-) I think you are a smart person, too. I have always said it is easier for people to be evil, to do evil, than to be good. Being good takes effort, love, forgiveness, and people have those qualities in short supply. I was hoping that there are more right thinking people in America that would block a self-professed bigot, serial rapist, and an outright moron from being president of our country. But that's too much to ask, I guess. It seems that the majority of people in our country are stupid and like to rationalize. I am not sure I want to believe that they are all racist, rapist, assholes, but maybe that's true, too. I prefer to think it's more about rationalization, willingness to overlook hateful things or just ignorance of them, and sexism (hatred of Hillary Clinton). But I am disgusted, appalled, sickened, and deeply sad. My wife and I are moving away. If only we could go to another universe where this election did not happen. Another funny thing is that exactly two people messaged me about this election: you and Madison, who now goes by her birth name of Erica and is married to a Muslim man. I am going to post this on my blog, which speaks more eloquently to what happened


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 493 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1611.09 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: