Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #500 - Number 500

Mom with Lori
Lori = 3 months and 1 day old
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #500 - Number 500

Hi Mom,

I have been doing this blog for 500 days, which means you have been dead for 502 days.

This number seems inconceivable to me, but it shouldn't.

In my life I have lived through over 19,000 days so far. 500 days is not a significant portion of that number, which means I have lived more days with you alive than with you not alive.

You could not say the same in regards to your mother -- who died when you were 19 years old -- and then you went on to live to be almost 79 years old.

I have fallen behind on blog production, so I am writing this entry over a week later, but this falling behind has nothing to do with how I feel about you, Mom, or the difficult time I am having with missing you at this particular Thanksgiving (as I will describe in another post).

I am done with re-posting content for a while. My new plan for catching up involves about a week of posts of old photos of your family and as many with you as I can share. All new photos that I know I have not shared yet because I have not yet scanned them. These photos will make a tribute to 500 days of blogging and living without you that feels grand enough for that number.

500 days, Mom. I never thought I would make it this far without you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 502 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1611.18 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.


No comments: