Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #509 - Cubs Trip March 11, 1972


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #509 - Cubs Trip March 11, 1972 - by Giftloft- photo series one #7

Hi Mom,

Here's our Cub Scout Troop by a historic landmark that you noted on the photo as "by the Giftloft," as that was how you remembered it, rather than the Kalamazoo Celery Flats landmark.

I remember that the boy on the far left was named Vince. The rest I do not remember, and you did not list their names on the photo. Somewhere in your files, I am sure there is a roster, but I may not be able to match names and faces. School photos may help.

I do think it's significant that in this picture, taken in March, I am the only one wearing gloves, and I may be the only one in boots. Those are some serious rubber boots I have on, as one can see from my right leg with the pants hiked up. There's also only three of us wearing the Cub hat.

I am also wondering if I am wearing jeans or SNOW PANTS. There were many years of snow pants. The winter gear was quite extensive and surely part of the reason that I was ridiculed and bullied.

It is nice that you have your hand on my shoulder, Mom. I am also happy to see that my fellow Cubs have their arms around one another, including me. Things were not always so fillwed with goof fellow feeling and camaraderie.

It is nice to see that at this corner of Westnedge (as it becomes Park Street) and Crosstown Parkway that the bank building in the background still exists.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 511 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1611.27 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: