Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #598 - World Map - Time Zones

Permanent link to this comic: https://xkcd.com/1799/
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #598 - World Map - Time Zones

Hi Mom,

I am fighting being ill.

As I mentioned two days ago, even though I only learned about it last night, all the Kalamazoo public schools were closed today because 1900 people have this Norovirus. I feel it in my body, but it has not taken me down yet. I am partially functional, but I am fading. Also, I fade early in the evening, once the caffeine and adrenaline fade.

Liesel has been ill for over a week, but she is feeling better. I just have to hang on, drink fluids, get plenty of sleep, and not succumb.

We have to go to a funeral tomorrow for Olivia's father. "Have to go" makes it sound like a burden. "Want to go" is better. "Planning to go" is right. Then again, I "planned" to go to my friend Kristian and Heather's service for their father and I didn't make it.

I just have to stay healthy.

I bought a magazine about yoga the other day because its cover claims to have the secret to encouraging me to do yoga at home. I would like that.

I am saving my blog recap post for post #600, which will come up Sunday. If I get a lot of work done, I may be able to finish another with original content this weekend.

I had a calculus quiz today. I may take the entire weekend off from Calculus. Then again, I may reconsider and at least work on the chain rule for derivatives because those are fun.

I am heating up some crab and corn chowder for dinner.


I am listening to this right now.



I like this comic because I like maps of the world, and this is an interesting map.

Time to get ready for dinner and then lie down.

More tomorrow, Mom.

Permanent link to this comic: https://xkcd.com/1799/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = ## days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - date - time

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: