Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #664 - "m'aidez" - "Song to the Siren" - Musical Monday 1705.01


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #664 - "m'aidez" - "Song to the Siren" - Musical Monday - 1705.01

Hi Mom,

Watch the catching up happen very quickly today. I am postponing the rest of my Penguicon report or much of any original content to hammer out seven blogs in a morning simply because I don't like being behind BUT don't want to suspend the daily thing.

Just now, (and by now, I mean Monday 5/8, a week later) watching TV, seeing people talk about the very recent death of loved ones -- Patrick Beverly of the Houston Rockets whose father passed away before game four of round two of the playoffs, Isiah Thomas whose sister died just before the start of the playoffs, Kenny Mayne whose mother passed away last week -- all these deaths put into perspective what I am doing here on this blog.

At this point, the blog is just in honor of you, Mom. Occasionally, I mention the grief process, and I am still grieving -- I suspect I always will be -- but I have moved on. I am not wallowing, and so the blog is more of a dedication to you, Mom. It's a way to continue those conversations, but the pain and the strength of the grief is not quite the same as those who just lost their loved ones, or worse, my friend who lost his son back in December.

So, here's a mix without frills. This one does not have a separate playlist on You Tube, and I am not making a text list here.

Also, it's verminculated or the is vermiculate, depending on if  I feel verby or adjectivey.

There's some longer tracks (full albums actually) here. Enjoy.












MANTIS RADIO





(Also you should go drown in Gaika's SPAGHETTO EP right now.)
 Marc Weidenbaum of the long-running and excellent Disquiet blog has launched a podcast called DISQUIETUDE.
Another podcast I want to point you at is NIGHT WHITE SKIES, generally about architecture's future, but very broad in its application of the remit - the episode with synthetic biologist Alexandra Daisy Ginsberg was excellent.

from - Not Even Home Yet - OO 2 Apr 17

++ spektrmodule











+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 666 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1705.01 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: