Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #671 - There's No Bleeding Hearts - Musical Monday

from The Syracuse for 1705.07 - see link below
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #671 - There's No Bleeding Hearts - Musical Monday


Hi Mom,

This is today.



And, so, this

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/08/idaho-republican-claims-nobody-dies-access-health-care.html



Because this mix seemed right. I made this mix quite a while ago (two years ago?), and it's on my iPod, which is a distinction from my iTunes because when iTunes upgraded a couple years ago it trashed my library, and I had to rebuild it. As a result, I say no to most iTunes upgrades, and I back up my library more often.

Anyway, during Penguicon, I hit on this mix and typed it in planning it as the mix for 1705.01 but that proved too much to do so I pushed it back a week. All but two songs exist in the You Tube universe, though I used live versions for some, which are different than my iPod mix. The two songs that I do not have access to, one -- "He's Heading Back Into Town" - Don's Mobile Barbers -- is on "open" Spotfiy, and the other is not, at least that I can find, and so I have an alternate song by the same band.

Still, I think this is a good mix even without those songs.

It's a Monday mix, hence "Rainy Days and Mondays" - The Carpenters, but it's also a mix when I am still reeling from the announcement of the GOP's "healthcare" bill, in which sexual assault is a pre-existing condition to allow companies to deny coverage to people. In fact, the list of pre-existing conditions is ridiculous, stupid, and dangerous.

How about we make being a white, privileged, Trump-brain-washed, old asshole a pre-existing condition?

As you can see I have some anger about this subject, and then this jerk off in Idaho has the temerity to claim that people don't die because they don't have access to health care?

I don't know what planet or alternate time line that jerk wad lives in but it's not ours.

And that's not even mentioning all the other nonsense, like the gutting of National Parks protections or the removal of climate data from government sites.

Is this how Big Brother took over?




All cartoons on this blog entry from

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/05/editorial_cartoons_for_may_7_2017_gop_health_care_bill_trumps_regrets_obamas_win.html


"There's no Bleeding Hearts"
- a Musical Monday Mix
- by chris tower


  1. "Which Way to Happy (Song for Andrew Shaw)" - The Magic Numbers
  2. "Broken Stones"  - Paul Weller
  3. "He's Heading Back Into Town" - Don's Mobile Barbers *Spotify*
  4. "Give Up The Ghost" - Radiohead
  5. "Rainy Days and Mondays" - The Carpenters
  6. "Nowhere Near" - Tracey Thorn
  7. "About Time" - Cathy Davey
  8. "Warwick Avenue" - Duffy
  9. "No Names" - Kate Rusby
  10. "Reason With Me" - Sinead O'Connor
  11. "America" - Simon and Garfunkel
  12. "Cuando Los Angeles Lloran" - Mana
  13. "Lazy Butterfly" - Devendra Banhart
  14. "Constellations" - Jack Johnson
  15. "Sail to the Moon (Brush the Cowbebs Out of the Sky)" - Radiohead
  16. "Hello Sunshine" - live - Super Furry Animals
  17. "Waiting Man" - King Crimson
  18. "The Night" - School of Seven Bells

This is not available
"Liberty Belle (Mario Caldato Jr Mix)" - Super Furry Animals
alternate - 
"Hello Sunshine" - live - Super Furry Animals

from The Syracuse for 1705.07 - see link above










No You Tube for this one.

"He's Heading Back Into Town" - Don's Mobile Barbers


Or here's an alternate




































This one exists nowhere easy to link to -

"Liberty Belle (Mario Caldato Jr Mix)" - Super Furry Animals

So accept this alternate -











+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 673 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1705.08 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: