Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #683 - The news is coming in too fast to process intelligently


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #683 - The news is coming in too fast to process intelligently

Hi Mom,

The news is just coming in too fast to process right now.

Social media is truly in its prime.

Twitter is just a chaotic gush of information that is impossible to digest in a meaningful way without some kind of focus, detachment, and period to reflect. Literally, I have to look away, go into news black out, and think about things to form any meaningful opinions. Mostly I am just in a cycle of shock and awe if I am paying attention. Not surprised, really. So literal shock is not the right word. but the impact of the hits is like a defibrillator zap.

I am not the only one feeling this way.

I was feeling the same thing and thinking the same thing when I saw Scalzi posting on this very thing (see below).

So, this post is just a few links of what's happening lately, but I may return to it soon and stuff more links in, at least things that happened before today and then repost. Just to swell the content ratio and to prove a point about the overwhelming amount of content.

This issue is why Warren Ellis has been signing his weekly newsletters with "Hold Tight."

We must all hang on to each other because the g-forces threaten to grab us and whirl us around like dervishes.

It's why a few months ago I wrote this

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/03/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-614.html

on clutter and noise.

The whole world becomes a static field of distortion. Everything is happening too fast.

Scalzi feels the same, see the following link.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2017/05/19/once-again-news-is-coming-in-too-fast-to-process-intelligently-so-here-have-a-picture-of-krissy/






So, these two items on Trump and some of my own posts to Facebook via Twitter.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/michael-flynn-donald-trump-russia-influence/index.html

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article151565947.html
 


And then on the other side of the pond, this insanity because it is truly an insane grab at totalitarianism that makes me sick.


So this is the link to that bit above.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-internet-conservatives-government-a7744176.html

But then a week ago there was this next thing.

Really? Christians the MOST persecuted? Really? Can Pence even assert that with a straight face???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pence-tells-room-full-of-christians-in-dc-their-faith-is-the-most-persecuted_us_59149198e4b030d4f1f0bdcd

But then yesterday there was this about Trump in the onslaught, firehose gush of hih-pressure news feeds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/05/19/a-company-under-trump-attack-makes-a-bold-move-it-repeatedly-ignores-him/?utm_term=.345e06823cae

And a while ago, Scalzi tried to write cogently on the Comey thing but it's tough to keep up.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2017/05/13/that-james-comey-thing/

And then if that's not all bad enough, the disintegration of the ice shelf in the Antarctic may be past the point of no return.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/18/climate/antarctica-ice-melt-climate-change.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Going to bed and hiding under a blanket.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 685 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1705.20 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: