Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #772 - Sam Meyers and Me - Throwback Thursday for 1708.17

Me and Sam Meyers - sometime in the late 1990s
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #772 - Sam Meyers and Me - Throwback Thursday for 1708.17

Hi Mom,

You would think with the moving truck packed and gone, I would have less to do and not be frantic in the way you were frantic, Mom, earning yourself the name "Frantic Woman." Along with Ms. Intensity, this our two traits that I gained from you.

But I am still busy, and I am posting this a day late, on Friday.

So, this is just a quick note to say that there is still packing to do, I am still doing it, but with help. Today (as in Thursday) Melanie came and helped A LOT. Tomorrow (the day I am actually writing this, Friday) Sam Meyers (seen as a baby in the picture above and me with his father below) will come and help me yet again to clear stuff out of this house.

It's a hefty process.

Like so many people helping me (my Dad, my sister, Lori, Melanie, my friend Jessica), I could not have done this move without Sam Meyers. His strong arms have carried much of the weight of this process, and I am forever indebted to him.

He held me up for this move much like I am holding him up in that photo. Thanks, Sam. I love you.

I had a great day yesterday (now two days ago from when I am writing but yesterday, Wednesday, as per the date and time stamp for the blog) I had a great morning at K-College. I have many pictures, and I would like to share, but that will have to wait.

I have so many to do thing on many to do lists and I am trying to work and teach classes.

It's not an ideal situation.

But I am surviving.

My new mantra?

I can get it all done.

and

It's going to be all right.

Thanks for reading.

Me and my best friend Tom Meyers - Vermont -1993
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 774 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1708.17 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: