Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #774 - Goodbye KUDL

me post-KUDL tournament 1708.19
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #774 - Goodbye KUDL

Hi Mom,

Not a lot of time for blogging right now. I have a lot to do before I leave, which I do tomorrow.

But I wanted to post.

I just received a huge out pouring of love from my friends in KUDL (The Kalamazoo Ultimate Disc League) at today's tournament in which I was given this trophy and a disc signed by everyone and a championship medal. Also, Jeremy "Peaches" Welter made a nice speech in my honor when he presented the trophy.

I had a great day, and surely I will write more about it later.

For now, I will just share what Lanny Potts said. This honor was not deserved. It was earned. And he told me that I was loved. but I already knew that, and if I didn't, everyone showed me how much with hugs and well wishes.

I am deeply moved, humbled, and touched.

But I also want to take some credit for making KUDL the way it is, making it the kind of community it is, fostering and fomenting the love it has for everyone who joins its ranks. I am sad to leave its loving embrace, its community, but then, maybe I can't. It's with me, and I am always part of it.

Thank you to all my KUDL family.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 776 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1708.19 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: