Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #173 - King of New York


new photo 1512.26
to be a better recreation of the
original photo

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #173 - King of New York

Hi Mom,

I recreated a photo for the photo up top, the original is here on the page but not as good.

sent this photo to my chums on 1507.09
with the text "Bought this game.
Playing it will help with my grief."
The day after you died, Mom, I went over to my friend Randall's house and met John and Mark to play King of Tokyo, the first edition of the game seen above. Three days later, to assuage my grief, I bought this game, King of New York, hoping to play it soon as a way to cope with grief.

On July 5th, the day after your death, John tried to talk me out of joining you to game. But I wanted to play, as I felt it would help me in carrying on with things I like, with normal things. The day of your death, Mom, I had plans to play D&D with my pal, the LOC. I kept those plans as best I could, but we did not play much, though we did have a cook out.

So, I finally managed to get the guys together yesterday at One Well Brewing to play King of New York, which is quite fun.

Fellowship. It's a good thing. But even the distraction does not keep me from missing you, a lot, Mom.

As I said yesterday, that feeling of being in a Twilight Zone episode about an alternate reality is still very strong.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 175 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1512.27 - 12:45

John and Nathan playing
at One Well - 1512.26

No comments: