Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, January 22, 2016

The Daily Bowie #2 - "Cat People"




The Daily Bowie #2 - "Cat People"

Why am I featuring "Cat People," a song Bowie wrote and sang for the 1982 remake of the 1942 film of the same name?

In my radio station days, I did a montage of "Ashes to Ashes" (yesterday's Daily Bowie) and "Space Oddity" (the first Daily Bowie). The cymbals ending "Space Oddity" are the same sound and beat as those that start "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)." I made my sister a cassette tape in the radio station at K by fading down "Space Oddity" and bringing up "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)."

Try it.

Plus, wasn't David Bowie always putting out fire with gasoline?


David Bowie - Cat People (Putting Out Fire) Music Video HQ







+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1601.22 - 8:12

No comments: