Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #566 - Musical Monday 1701.23

Knifesex (see Soundcloud link below)
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #566 - Musical Monday 1701.23

Hi Mom,

And now for more of the stuff that you only humor me about, though I am passionate about it enough for both of us.

Do not let the image up top disturb you or any of my dear readers, not all of the music here is emblematic of that image.

The first song comes from my friend Walt Curley. The next two are from a student in Fall semester and the Median track is also from a former student who now lives in the one of the Carolinas.

B.E.F. is a find of mine when I was writing about Bowie, which has fallen by the way side for now. I have a Bowie post mostly done, but I have not posted a Bowie track since last Tuesday (1701.17). I barely have time most days for this one blog post in Hey Mom let alone daily Bowie posts. It was nice while it lasted. I will try to get back to WEEKLY Bowie, but then, I wanted to manage that before and failed. Anyway, British Electric Foundation is a band I should have known but is now a new find.

Then, Robyn Hitchcock and a re-post of text from Facebook written by my friend Steve Curl, who was sad and turned to this excellent album. I credit Steve with turning me on (many years ago) to both Robyn Hitchcock and this fine album. Thanks, old sod!

Then lastly, three new selections via Warren Ellis all on SoundCloud, though one is available for purchase on Bandcamp. One of these artists, KNIFESEX, gives us the image up top.

I hope many of you find this playlist and it eases your Monday.

For me, these posts are easy to find playlists if only for my own enjoyment.

Thanks for humoring me, Mom.













I was sad this evening, and put on "I Often Dream Of Trains" by Robyn Hitchcock...if you aren't familiar with it I can tell you, dear Facebook Friends, that it has entertained me and buoyed my psyche consistently since its release in 1984.






















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 568 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1701.23 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: