Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #574 - Soda Sugar Comparison


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #574 - Soda Sugar Comparison

Hey Mom,

Permanent link to this comic: http://xkcd.com/1793/

I am trying to give up sugar. I am. Really.

I have been off the sugar soda band wagon for some time.

In my hey day, I was up to SEVEN cans/bottles of Pepsi a day. I now have none each day, and I rarely splurge on some soda. I drink ginger ale from time to time as part of a mixed drink, but again, infrequently.

I know people who have given up sugar. My friend Chris did this last year, and my sister just decided to go off it.

I am making progress, but I am not off it. I am using reduced sugar or no added sugar almond/coconut milk in my morning coffee. I do have a granola bar every morning loaded with sugar (like eating two cookies my wife says - 11g sugar) and occasionally sweet and salty bar (7g sugar). But beyond those things, I try not to have sweets in the house too often or at all. I try to "treat" myself to a Butterfinger or a donut very infrequently. There was some Christmas candy, but that's mostly gone. I do like dark chocolate (11g sugar per third), but I eat it over four days or more and not every day of those four. So, I am reducing, but I can reduce more. I have cereal a few times a week in which a include a sprinkle of Cap'n Crunch (I KNOW!). We buy the real sugar dressings and ketchup.

I am not where I want to be yet, but the reducing is a work in progress and there is progress.

Anyway, it's been a while since I posted an xkcd comic.

I liked this one.

Here's the "see also" noted in the above comic.




Permanent link to this comic: http://xkcd.com/1035/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 576 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1701.31 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: