Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 3, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #727 - ambient drift - the importance of silence - a Musical Monday for 1707.03


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #727 - ambient drift - the importance of silence - a Musical Monday for 1707.03

Hi Mom,

Today, I want to contemplate the nature of and importance of silence as I acknowledge that we are one day from the two year anniversary of your death.

Two years ago, I spent nearly the whole day (the day before you died) at your side.

I miss you. Obvious and maybe goes without saying, but I don't I just copy and paste that same comment at the end of each of these blogs without really putting my heart into the comment?

I miss you, Mom.

I am going to post this today at the actual time of your death, 10:10 a.m. which for Blogger will be on Pacific time and show up as 7:10 a.m.

I will probably do this tomorrow, too, because I am thinking about you then as always, Mom.

So, here's some music, some of which acknowledges the importance of silence as Brian Eno reminds us.











But not all the music has silence............

Many suggestions by Warren Ellis......... Thanks Warren. You help enrich my life with music among many other things (like, you know, reading because, writer, obv).

from Orbital Operations
Fully Automated Luxury Godzilla - OO 21 May 17



Also from - Warren Ellis newsletter - Weird Shit International - OO 14 May 17

VISIONS OF DARKNESS IN IRANIAN CONTEMPORARY MUSIC - Great compilation, and, since it's on Bandcamp, you can stream the whole thing for free.




Also recently picked up on Bandcamp:








https://soundcloud.com/monument-podcast/norite10-continuous-mix-a-new-vision-on-nowadays-techno






https://www.mixcloud.com/secretthirteen/stm-223-constantine/




https://zoharum.bandcamp.com/album/ya-tog-rid-pa-i-gyer









We are all connected.

This last one, just because You Tube told me I would like it and obviously the picture caught my attention.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 729 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1707.03 - 10:10 (my time - 7:10 Blogger time)

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: