Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #751 - Stealing the Candy - Throwback Thursday - conversations #15

me - nine months old - October 1962
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #751 - Stealing the Candy - Throwback Thursday - conversations #15

Hi Mom,

This is probably my last conversation post and Throwback Thursday for about two months.

I plan to write in this entry all day today. I may post later today, Thursday, or I may finish it up Friday, tomorrow, morning.

Welcome to post #751. Feels like I just passed another milestone.

I believe this photo of me shows me about to sneak some candy out of my grandparents candy dish, a skill I had already mastered at nine months old. I doubt I ate the candy at that age. It was simply a fun game. As you can see, I am probably being "caught" in the act, teased about my "sneakiness," as sneaky as a small baby can be.

Though at nine months, I doubt I was walking. Is this an early shot of my standing up for the first time? I will have to ask Dad.

See the hearts on the cuffs of my trousers? I think that's cute.

Also, my hair is very stylish, almost like a 1980s pop star's hair.

Okay, there. I thought I should write a bit about the picture before I get rolling.

So, why am I saying no more Throwbacks and conversations for a while?

As I have told you before, but maybe not officially, Liesel, Piper, and I are all moving to Woodland, WA, just outside of Vancouver, WA, just outside of Portland, OR in August (of 2017). Piper's boyfriend Adam and his friend Keith are joining us as well and will stay with us until they find their own place.

Things are about to get even busier than they are right now. The main lodestone that's ramping up our anxiety is PACKING. Because there's so much packing to do, this blog is going into low maintenance mode for the next month or longer. Original content will be minimal at least until the packing is more or less complete. Beyond that, I cannot see the future. As this feature is one of my few original content entries for the week, I am taking a hiatus to pack like a machine. In fact, today is meant to be hardcore packing with the dogs at Camp Fido and my work for my job handled well enough and needing only a couple of hours of my time.

So, stress. So, packing.

As I type these words, the earliest the trucks come to load our stuff and take it all the way across the continent is Monday August 14th. On Thursday August 10th or Friday the 11th, I will have a better sense of the exact date. I am hoping for something more like August 16th-17th, just to give me more time to be completely packed and ready and timed a bit better so I do not have try to function for quite as long without furniture and pots and pans.

Part of the anxiety comes from trying to figure out what not to pack, what to hold back for those last days between the loading of the moving truck and my departure, which is scheduled for August 20th, when Dad and I will load the dogs into my car, hook up a trailer, and head for Ludington, where we will spend the night before getting on the SS Badger ferry Monday morning the 21st and travel across Lake Michigan.

I am trying to be as organized as possible, trying to anticipate all the things I have to do and handle. I do not want to load very much in that trailer, so I am trying to determine just what I will need. For instance, can I get along without toast for as much as a week? Which pans and plates do I keep? Obviously, I have to keep the coffee maker. It occurred to me that other day that I have to keep some of the trash cans, at least one of them. I decided to move my computers myself, and so I may keep my office chair as well. But most of the office stuff is getting loaded on the moving truck, and I will work those last few days on a folding table or two.

So, now it's Friday, like I said it would be...

I want to get this posted, so...

sigh.

Okay, supposedly, we're clear to close on our new house in Woodland, WA, but then I had a call from the mortgage guy after Liesel and I were in bed last night.

We also haven't heard on our new home yet.

But I did some packing today, Thursday, which is now technically yesterday.

I had my penultimate therapy appointment.

My to do list is growing.



I could go on and on, but I am out of time. I need to get to work.

And out in the world, beyond my little microcosm of anxiety driven issues, there's bad news and then some good news.

So, there's this... It's truly infuriating. This asshole is just such an asshole. I am not even sure I can be more articulate about it than that.

What I cannot find in my reading is whether this is a done deal because he orders it or it's just the statement of intent to strike down yet another thing from the Obama Administration.

It seems as if all Trump is doing is striking down Obama initiatives just because they are Obama initiatives.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/26/trump-says-us-military-will-not-accept-or-allow-transgender-people-to-serve

Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would not allow transgender individuals to serve in the US military in any capacity, reversing a policy put in place by Barack Obama a year ago.

Arizona senator John McCain, who chairs the Senate armed services committee, said: “The president’s tweet this morning is yet another example of why major policy announcements should not be made via Twitter.”

There's also this, which is slightly more hopeful, if you trust people not to set off massive explosions that could consume the earth (okay... exaggerating, but funny, right?)

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/17/07/25/2121242/google-enters-race-for-nuclear-fusion-technology

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 753 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1707.27 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: