Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1634 - Happy Birthday to my sister Lori


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1634 - Happy Birthday to my sister Lori

I am a couple of days late posting something in honor of my sister's birthday. It's a milestone birthday, but I won't divulge the number. Instead I am going to post links to the last two tributes for her birthday from 2018 and 2017.

Lori starts a new job Monday, and I couldn't be more proud of her.

The picture above shows how wonderful our childhood vacations were. Lori just spent an extended weekend in our preferred childhood vacation spots: Traverse City and Mackinac Island.

I am so happy for her.

I am keeping this short. Links to the last two birthday posts with a little text reposted here. And then a couple more photos.

Happy Birthday Lori!!

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1106 - 2018 - My sister's birthday - Throwback Thursday for 1808.09

Lori's birthday today, but I am not at liberty to divulge the number because I checked, and she does not have the age posted on her Facebook page. But I can share that I am in Michigan to celebrate, and since I am finishing this entry tomorrow, I can already report that we had a great meal at Salt of the Earth in Fennville, which is probably the one area restaurant that Liesel and I did not make it to before we moved out west.

It was a GREAT dinner, right up there on par with any dinner I have had out west and just about one of the best I have ever experienced in west Michigan, though I do qualify as "one of the best."

Pictures exist, and I will add them when I get them from the source.

This one's mostly a reprint of last year's post devoted my sister, Lori Marie's, birthday.

Events like this make me miss you even more, Mom. You would have loved that restaurant and that dinner.

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #764 - My Sister Lori's Birthday - 2017

I love my sister very much.

Good choice in having her, Mom!

Lori and I are very close and have regular lunches, which will not be something we can continue with me moving out west.

Fun fact: Lori was born at 10:19 p.m. ( I think that's right... I may be a few minutes off). At that precise time, on most of her childhood birthday, she would scream out the door at the top of her lungs how old she was at the precise moment of her birth. We actually would do a count down sometimes.


Here's Lori trying to scream louder than the sound of the motor. I love this photo.

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/05/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-668-my.html from 8/10/1973

Lori in front of our church for her birthday in 1973.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1908.11 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1499 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: