Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, August 23, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1648 - The Life Story of Nikki Reed-Newman

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1648 - The Life Story of Nikki Reed-Newman

I know I already had one post for the Young and the Restless this week, but I had actually saved this one before I created the one for Kristoff St. John, aka Neil Winters.

Unlike that post, this one does not contain a You Tube link for this episode -- because that's pirating -- but there are some other Nikki highlights stashed at the end that should remain viable and visible on You Tube.

Mainly, I saved this episode information of the recent Y&R in which Nikki looks back on her life for me as I chose not to keep it saved to my DVR.

Some notes near the end about the importance of this soap to my life.

There's a power to the episodic narrative. But what blows my mind is that this episodic narrative has been running daily for 46 years, and I have consumed most of it.




https://g.co/kgs/huoX1Q



2/20/2019

S46 E120 36:46
Melody Thomas Scott celebrates her 40th anniversary on THE YOUNG and THE RESTLESS, as Nikki Newman takes a stroll down memory lane. (TV-14 D) Air Date: Feb 20, 2019



This link goes to the C BS subscription site. It works for me. It will work for you if you have a subscription. If not, you can get a subscription.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_the_restless/video/r6SKFUtlCfK8XHrAV0mkEnE9_ZfQO_a5/the-young-and-the-restless-2-20-2019/

And BTW, at the beginning of the summer, I had 135 episodes of the Young and the Restless saved n my DVR. I am down to 49 episodes now. I plan to catch up before work gets busy and stay up to date. And before you think I am sitting around watching this soap and doing nothing else, that's not what happens. I run the videos as I work, as long as the work doesn't take too much of my attention. I fast forward through commercials and often through most of the show as there's a great deal of filler.

This show has always been a soundtrack to my life, the background, the companion. I watched this show so much with my Mom. Keeping up with it makes me feel closer to her.

It may seem silly to some, but it works for me.










+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1908.23 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1511 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: