Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1184 (SoD #1654) - Zorro at the Beach (again): Throwback Thursday 1908.29



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1184 (SoD #1654) - Zorro at the Beach (again): Throwback Thursday 1908.29

Hi Mom,

Remember me? Your son. Does that still have meaning where you are? I think it must as I feel you with me quite often, watching over me, guiding me.

Here we are again. Throwback Thursday and a moment you may remember more than I.

This one I shared about a year ago. I am not reprinting the entire entry, but it has some cool pictures. It can be found here:

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1104 - Zorro at the Beach! Throwback Thursday for 1808.02
When I shared this photo of me last year, clutching my Zorro comic, I didn't really have any comments about the photo. I was writing the entry from a plane on my way back to Michigan. I was late then, too. I was flying on a Saturday, two days later (at least I hope it was just two days and not nine days... yeah, looks like it was just two days).

So, Zorro. Kind of reminiscent of Batman but with a sword. The black garb and cape are very Batman-esque. Plus, connecting to Batman, The Mark of Zorro was the movie the Waynes took young Bruce to see before they were gunned down walking home afterwards. Surely, Zorro also played some role in the creation of Batman. Oddly, The Mark of Zorro  came out in 1940 but the first appearance of Batman came in Detective Comics in May 1939. I am sure I am not the first person to spot this anomaly. Perhaps the Waynes took Bruce to a showing of the 1920 silent version. Or is it retconned? I don't believe that issue #27 and Batman's first appearance shows the movie marquee.
Yup. I checked.

This photo was taken in the summer of 1966 as your inscription, Mom, shows that I am four and a half. I thought the Zorro TV show with Guy Williams was current at that time but it ran from 1957-58 with a feature film in 1958 and one hour TV follow ups in 1960 and 1961. Surely, I was watching reruns as these were Disney productions.  I am wearing moccasins, which may mean we went to Mackinac Island that summer, though there was a moccasin store in the Traverse City area and we had just moved there.

There's that red hat that's in so many other pictures. I think it's still in my Dad's basement some where. I doubt I threw away the magic red hat.

Also, this Zorro comic was one of my earliest comics as I got my first issue of Detective Comics in 1966 as detailed here:

T-shirt #330 - Gotham City Athletic Department

I have to keep this short because I fell behind again. It's Sunday September first as I write these words. Catching up. Ketchup. I like Ketchup but not with High Fructose Corn Syrup. I am pretty religious on that score.

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1104 - Zorro at the Beach! Throwback Thursday for 1808.02

Cool pics as I said, like this one:




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you soon, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1517 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1908.29 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27 and 1907.04) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. Dropped "Talk to you tomorrow, Mom" in the sign off on 1907.04. Should have done it sooner as this feature is no longer daily.

No comments: