Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2714 - THE RETURN - End of Blog Vacation #2 - 2022 - COMPILATION of all posts



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2714 - THE RETURN - End of Blog Vacation #2 - 2022 - COMPILATION of all posts

I have postponed the end of this blog vacation at least three times.

Originally, it was only going to be about a month, then two months, then 100-ish days, and I don't remember how many other times I re-scheduled it.

While Dad was here, I realized I would need some time after he leaves to get caught up on the blog, on work, and on life tasks that were neglected or on which I fell behind during that "real" vacation in which I did little to no work.

This blog vacation was never meant to least 150 days, which is FIVE MONTHS.

That's nearly half of the year.

But this is an odd year. I moved to a new house. I am not reading prose books so much with my eyes (as opposed to audio since I am doing that) but instead working through the stacks and stacks of graphic novels. I applied for a full time job where I work and did not get it, and yet, I work more than full time for my jobs combined (I teach at two schools). 

And so, this "blog vacation" went on much longer than I planned.

Working with the rotation of a SHARE, THAT ONE THING, and a REPRINT for five months makes me think that this blog vacation is now the new normal. Though I will not exclusively follow that pattern now that I am free of the "vacation," I will fall back on it when I am busy and continue to space out the original and/or ambitious posts. The blog was always meant to be easy. Quick to make, simple posts that are easy for readers to digest. But that's not always my way. I always try to do too much.

Also, the blog vacation was meant to be focused on simple posts so when I take the time, in the limited free time, I set a week or more of posts ahead. That never really happened this time, though I have managed it before.

The work ahead is always my goal.

So, here we are. I return from the "blog vacation."

When I think of "returns," I always think of the iconic 1970s TV show Welcome Back Kotter: Your dreams were your ticket out.

Thanks for tuning in.

WELCOME BACK KOTTER INTRO-OUTRO



THE COLLECTED BLOG VACATION #2 from February 23 2022 to July 24, 2022



Wednesday, February 23, 2022























































... I make a numbering error here and have two Blog Vacation #54s, and I am NOT re-numbering everything after this point!

































































































150 - This post, today's post -- THE RETURN. Blog Vacation II over.

Blog Vacation Two 2022 - Vacation II Post #150
I took a "Blog Vacation" in 2021 from August 31st to October 14th. I did not stop posting daily; I just put the blog in a low power rotation and mostly kept it off social media. Like that vacation, for this second blog vacation now in 2022, I am alternating between reprints, shares with little to no commentary, and THAT ONE THING, which is an image from the folder with a few thoughts scribbled along with it. I am alternating these three modes as long as the vacation lasts (not sure how long), pre-publishing the posts, and not always pushing them to social media.

Here's the collected Blog Vacation I from 2021:

Saturday, October 16, 2021

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2207.24 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2578 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: