Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #6 - Memorial Service pt.1



Hey, Mom! Talking to my Mother #6 - Memorial Service pt.1

Hi Mom. I went to your Memorial Service today and gave a nice speech. I guess it's called a eulogy, but that word still does not feel right.

This is going to be a short one because I have to take Satchel for a walk, and I am not up for creating a post of substantial length right now.

First, the top photo. Dad had set his wedding ring to encircle your wedding ring on the bathroom counter. Actually, the rings were sitting on a jewelry box with a colored glass cat design on top, but we thought that just the counter would look better as a background in the picture.

The other picture is some of my stuff. I wore the Pooh tie you gave me for the service. Honestly, I am not positive you gave me this tie, but I wanted to wear a Pooh tie, and this is better than the Uncle Scrooge or Grinch ties that I am positive you gave me. Dad wore his Angus Clan tartan tie, and I could have done that, too, but I wanted Pooh. This Pooh figure you gave me I sat next to me at the pulpit when I gave my talk. Also, you can see in the photo the program from the service and the bag of my portion of your ashes, those we did not inter. Though not pictured, I also wore one of the Pooh watches you gave me, the A.A. Milne one from Avon. It's really a woman's watch (maybe a girl's watch); I don't care.

I know you understand why I needed Pooh with me today.

I know you liked the service and what both Lori and I had to say. I can feel it; I can hear your voice.

I will write more tomorrow, though I may switch to a different subject before I switch back to the service. Recounting the service, including my talk, will get spread out over many posts to make it easier for and for everyone else.

Hey readers, thank you. Having your eyes on this writing project means a lot to me. Many of you shared your kind words with me already. I really appreciate it, and I know, you do, too, Mom.

I love you, Mom. I miss you.

Where you are, have someone give you a kiss for me.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 07 days ago

bloggery committed - 1507.11 - 19:49

No comments: