Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #109 - Everyday pictures


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #109 - Everyday pictures

Hi Mom,

So this is Throwback Thursday on Friday. I can't keep up with the demands of social media.

I have been going back through all the photos and assembling photo albums. As I look, we have many many MANY photos of the special occasions, like this one from my birthday in 1976, when I turned 14 years old. I chose it because of the DETROIT LIONS shirt.

You can sort of see my cool Daredevil birthday cake.

Note the big candle to the left of the cake that is burning off the 14th year. Every year you woul dget out those two candles, Mom. I appreciated the consistency.

As I am making the photo albums, I am struck by how few pictures we have of just the every day moments. Granted film was more expensive in the 1960s and 1970s, but still, it would be nice to have more of the day-to-day life photo documented. I am not sure if there even that many pictures of the set up in my bed room from that year.

Oh, for a viewer to look back in time. I don't want to go back to the past and risk meddling in a way that changes the future catastrophically, but it would be nice to see things that only exist in my imperfect memory.

I wonder whose little mini-cake that is? Lori's? Did she not like the cake I chose? I wish you were here to ask, Mom, but then I could wish that on every one of these posts.

I am really tired. Time for an early turn in.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 111 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1510.23 - 19:28

No comments: