Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #95 - HUGO Results



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #95 - HUGO Results

Hi Mom,

I know you care so much about the Hugo Awards, which were given back in August, so I thought I would share a follow up.

I originally wrote about this subject in HEY MOM #44.

HUGO AWARDS GIVEN - RESULTS

The award I really care about is the novel award, and the novel I voted for, did win. See here:

Best Novel (5653 final ballots, 1827 nominating ballots, 587 entries, range 212-387)
  • The Three Body Problem, Cixin Liu, Ken Liu translator (Tor Books)
  • The Goblin Emperor, Katherine Addison (Sarah Monette) (Tor Books)
  • Ancillary Sword, Ann Leckie (Orbit US/Orbit UK)
  • No Award
  • Skin Game, Jim Butcher (Orbit UK/Roc Books)
  • The Dark Between the Stars, Kevin J. Anderson (Tor Books)
Note: The Three-Body Problem was originally published in Chinese in 2008. The 2014 publication by Tor was the first English-language version, and therefore it is again eligible for the Hugos, according to section 3.4.1 of the WSFS Constitution.
I am also please to see that the comic book I voted for also won:

Best Graphic Story (4412 final ballots, 785 nominating ballots, 325 entries, range 60-201)
  • Ms. Marvel Volume 1: No Normal, written by G. Willow Wilson, illustrated by Adrian Alphona and Jake Wyatt, (Marvel Comics)
Here's some reactions.


SCALZI'S INITIAL HUGO REACTIONS


SCALZI'S FINAL NOTES ON HUGOS


also worthwhile

ANN LECKIE (winner of last year's best novel HUGO) ON SLATES


That's all for tonight, Mom. These can't all be weepy and saccharine.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 97 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1510.09 - 20:00
and again 20:42

No comments: