Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #94 - More Birthday for Throwback Thursday


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #94 - More Birthday for Throwback Thursday


Hi Mom,

Very busy day. But still thinking about you and your birthday.

Up top is a picture Dad shared in Facebook. I am not sure what year it's from, and it's grainy, so I am hoping to add both the year and a higher resolution image later.

Detective work to date this picture: In email to Dad: "Look closely at that picture and note Lori's Tigers place mat, which means it's probably the 1980s. Also, the yellow place mats in the center of the table, which she did not use in later years. Also, there's 15 candles on the cake. 15 times 3 is 45 and in 1981 she would have been 45. But I suspect the pic is a bit later than that. She loved that T-shirt. I have a pic from 1985 with her in that shirt. She was using the yellow place mats, then, too. So I suspect some time in the 1980s, around 1984 or 1985."

I had a day of scrambling and hard work, but I did manage to take the puppy for a walk, attend both my classes, and clean the kitchen.

I am also learning some valuable lessons. One is that I need to keep the pressure on when it comes to my Pre-Calculus. I had FOUR sets of problem due this week (two today and two Tuesday), and I did not plan ahead to get those done and get help on ones I did not understand far enough in advance, and so too much time was eaten up on Tuesday and Thursday with Pre-Calc, which then put me behind with the work I get paid to do.

With our next test in thirteen days, I not only have to finish all the online homework, but I need to find time to do many practice problems, review tests, and the like in addition to just studying the formulas and procedures for all the maths (as they say in Britain: Maths).

I am even going to RECOPY some of my notes from last year. I know this would please you, Mom. I may even ask the hearing impaired student if he would share his transcripts. He is in my Java lab.

Speaking of Java lab... I had some heart break. Last Friday, I basically finished the lab work program due tonight, Thursday in the lab itself. BUT when I went to finish my Java program, it was missing from my flash drive and the copy on my desk top. THE FOLDER WAS EMPTY. I am not sure what I did, but I did not get the program, not any of it.

Luckily, the program was easy, and I recreated it easily. But if it had been a harder program or more time consuming like the first two programs, I would have been in big trouble as the program was due at midnight (and there's no way I am staying up that late).

So once again, I learn a lesson about back ups and redundancy. I am very religious about back ups, so I am surprised I did not have the program from lab. From now on, I will double and triple check. I will also copy and paste the code into a Word document, just as an extra precaution, which is what I have started doing in the lectures, anyway.

Sorry this is all about school, Mom, but that's what is going on.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 96 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1510.08 - 20:01
and again - 1510.09 - 7:11

No comments: