Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #97 - present tense

10-14-2007

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #97 - present tense

Hi Mom,

I still talk about you most of the time in present tense. I feel guilty if I talk about you in past tense.

Mostly, it's all present tense because you seem to be present, at least in spirit.

I think I hear you telling me "that's all right."

I also, mostly, refer to the condo as "my parents' house." It's how I have the number in my phone. It's how I will think of it rather than changing it. I try not to say "Dad's place" or "Dad's condo" but rather "my parents' house."

Busy work day, Mom, but this single thought seems like more than enough.

I will continue to use present tense for you.

You're present.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS: See the count? Tomorrow is a mile stone. Actually, 99 feels pretty significant.

- Days ago = 99 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1510.11 - 20:08

No comments: