Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #60 - a reflection for throwback Thursday

Long Lake, Traverse City, End of July 1972


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #60 - a reflection for throwback Thursday


Hi Mom,

This is what I wrote when I started this entry: "I am behind on my posts. I have  been grading like a maniac to meet deadlines. Readers, if you come across this page, it's still under construction as are the last three posts. Catching up tomorrow and this weekend."

In two days, it will be a week later since I started this entry, and I am not yet caught up, let alone ahead, which is the goal. But I continue. I press forward.

 Check out this image left. It is mostly white space but that will make sense as my text runs along side it. It's the text of what you wrote, Mom, on the back of the picture at the top of this blog entry. You are very precise. Although you did not know the exact date the photo was taken, you knew it was mid-late July of 1972, which would put my age at 10 and 1/2 years and Lori's at two years and 11 and 1/2 months, as it would have been just before her August 9th birthday.

I love this handwritten note. First of all, I love your handwriting, Mom. You wrote in cursive all her life. Dad, Lori, and I all took to block printing, but not you, you stuck with cursive. I had so many notes from you over the years in your delicate scrawl. I wish I had saved more of them.

Because after the meningitis, we worked on handwriting. You were all right in the first years after your recovery, and then you started to decline.

Probably the palsy that took your life, even then.

I saved so many hand writing samples from the post-meningitis period.

I promise, Mom. I will re-learn cursive and use it for notes that would make you proud, like on birthday cards to Dad.

Anyway, this is a picture of us all (minus Dad who is taking the photo) on the beach at ou rLong Lake home and later summer vacation rental. I will write more about that in a few days because Dad an I got go in the old house!! But for now just this picture and memories of your handwriting.

I love you, Mom.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 61 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1509.03 - 19:37 and 1509.08 - 20:11

No comments: