Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #80 - School Dayz & Bikes



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #80 - School Dayz & Bikes

 Hi Mom,

I rode my bike around school today. Over to Rood, down to Howard and Stadium, Stadium West to Drake, south on Drake to the Parkview campus and then more less reverse to get home.

I will not ride my bike to the engineering campus every week, but I will a few more times while the weather is nice, and I don't have to shuttle Satchel to Camp Fido.

And, so, I have been intending to get some pictures. So, in the picture up top, I am outside the engineering school with my bicycle in the background having just arrived after my Pre-Calculus test.

I like to get to my Java class early as the geeky students also like to get there early and snag the best seats. It's a small class room. Though I think the initial enthusiasm ("gee, wow, I am at college") is waning as reality sets in (it's hard work, like marathon running).

Anyway, in the next picture, surely above this text, I am posing with the Einstein statue. This may be apocryphal. I am unaware that Einstein played Ultimate, especially since the sport was invented after he died. But it's a metaphor, right? Play. Play every day. I just put a sign up in our house with those exact words.

PLAY EVERY DAY.

It's good advice, isn't it Mom?

You were not much for play, but you did take time out for things you liked, your play, like shopping and Y&R.

I work too hard and too much.

So in the spirit of getting in more play, I rode seven-plus miles around the two campuses and then after dinner went with Liesel on a four mile walk!!

And now I should be grading papers. But that will have to wait. It's bed time.

Love you, Mom.

I know you're proud of me.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 82 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1509.24 - 20:34

plaque under statue
seen in picture above

No comments: