Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #82 - Your Stuff


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #82 - Your Stuff


Hi Mom,

I went through some of your stuff today before it's shipped off to the church rummage sale. Though Lori snagged the one cat necklace I wanted (which is all right as she may wear it and I would just display it), I chose a few items that are dear to me for one reason or another: that old wooden cat you had forever, the angel, some socks, the Japanese good luck charm cat -- a Maneki Neko -- and some jewelry. I may photograph things individually later.

After assembling this shoe box not even full with items, I went to Meijer, our Meijer, your Meijer. I thought about you a lot today. I should probably do a whole post on Meijer in more depth than I have already covered it. People probably don't understand how important Meijer was to you, especially after the meningitis, when going to Meijer was a major outing.


At the top, there's a picture of you post-meningitis, probably Mother's Day 2002 as the photos were developed in June. My shoulder and arm is in the background.



I like this picture of you and your crazy grin and red cheeks. Red from your usual flush and not from drinking.

Below, there's a picture from Melanie showing your Beanies' new home in little Elliot's crib.

I thought about you a lot today, Mom.

And now I have some carefully selected keepsakes that will remind me of you all the time.

As always, I try to find new ways to repeat the constant theme of my writings here: I miss you, Mom.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 84 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1509.26 - 1509.26


No comments: