Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #58 - Traverse City 2015 pt. two


Bower's Harbor Cove
beach of the Neahtawanta Inn
Morning, 1509.01
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #58 - Traverse City 2015 pt. two - the Neahtawanta Inn

Hi Mom, Grading like crazy now that I am home. More tomorrow.

they have a peace pole too
so do we
I am sorry we did not shop Front Street.

That's how this one originally started and that's how it stayed until today (1509.05). I was in massive catch up mode after the vacation and taking two and a half days off work. Really, a day and a half, as I should be able to take off Sunday, though not this week. I had my vacation already for the week, so Sunday is going to be a big work day.

Mom, I know you would have liked us to shop Front Street. But I had to get home to work. I promise. Next time. I can feel your tsk-tsk. Thanks. So much guilt.


So, hey Mom, how are you doing? I sense that you're doing very well. I can feel your smile, your hugs and kisses. I know you like my picture here. Morning at the Neahtawanta Inn. I was going to Jam pack these two (today's and yesterday's) blog entries with all the pictures from the trip but that seems like a lot, and I can spread this content out a bit. Does that sound like a good idea, Mom?

After all, there's a lot of pictures of the Neahtawanta Inn and TWO videos. I hope you enjoy them Mom. Videos and pictures with comments to follow.


I wanted to capture the sound of the surf that I was listening to all night with the windows open.



This one is from the day before in the afternoon when it was windy.


I never tire of pictures of the Neahtawanta Inn. 


I love to think that all the people whom I have introduced to the Neahtawanta have gone back often. I don't think this is true, but I like to think it.



The most gorgeous view in the Traverse area.




The glimmer of the dawning sun on the water in the morning. The cove at the Neahtawanta is often more serene, shielded from the greater rough waters of the open bay or of the left-most coast and Lake Michigan open to Wisconsin.







This is my spot. Where I spent the majority of my days so many times in the almost 15 years that I regularly vacationed at the Neahtawanta from 1993-2007, See my computer screen in the lower right corner. I am sitting on the same couch where I have always sat, enjoying the gorgeous view.

Thank you, Neahtawanta Inn. You have been a healing, spiritual, and serene presence in my life since 1990 when I visited you for the first time.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 59 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1509.01 - 20:25
and 1509.05 - 9:31

No comments: