Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #57 - Traverse City 2015 pt. one


Me and Dad at Trattoria Stella
at the State Hospital development
1508.31

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #57 - Traverse City 2015 pt. one

Hi Mom, I will finish this one later this week. Having too much fun. Need a little vacation from daily writing regimen.

When I started this blog entry (I am days behind), I thought I would pack more in. But I think it makes sense to milk the trip for more entries, so this one is just going to be about dinner at  Trattoria Stella at the State Hospital development in Traverse City.

We had some expensive dinners in your honor, Mom. Above is a picture of Dad and I at Trattoria Stella. I have eaten there several times, once with Liesel, though for lunch. Dad and I had dinner Monday, August 31st. We started with a grilled octopus with a mixture of vegies and a sausage. I had a field greens salad and then a rib eye steak, 16 oz. with shitake mushrooms. It was huge. Dad had fish, I think it was halibut or maybe Alaskan Salmon. We were too stuffed to even contemplate dessert.


Here's the sign outside for Stella. By square footage, the state hospital renovation is largest historic renovation project in the world. You can see the corner for the building, and what was once a porch for a ward.




Looks very much like an asylum basement, eh? Except with art and better lighting and looking into a boutique or a restaurant. I just liked the corridor. We walked around a bit. I bought a gift for Liesel of personal care products with Lavender. Liesel likes Lavender.



They call it the arches. I call it the catacombs or the terminal ward. Anyway, this is the part of Stella where we ate. You can see that I caught Dad taking off his glasses.


I had to take a picture of this movie poster as I have the disc from Netflix at home on my coffee table. I have been meaning to watch this film for some time.


The grilled octopus with beans and tomato and some kind of sausage.






















The rib eye steak with the shitake mushrooms and potatoes. The broccoli in garlic butter to the right.

Food documentation is important to my wife, and to you, Mom. I know you would have loved this.

Wish you could have been there.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 58 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.31 - 21:30
and 1509.04 - 19:36

No comments: