Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #28 - I miss you a lot today - Cucumber Salad





Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #28 - I miss you a lot today - Cucumber Salad

Hi Mom,

Very short today.

Making cucumber salad makes me think of you.

You always made cucumber salad in the summer. Yours is different as I will explain below.

I am spending a lot of time thinking, lately, about how many of my likes and dislikes come from you, Mom. I know I told you this many times over the years, especially the last 15 years, but I appreciate everything you gave me so much, Mom.

Thank you.

Added - the finished product as of 1508.03 - I was in a bit of a rush yesterday, so I am updating today. Here's two photos of the finished product.


Yesterday was a day of rest (Sunday), so I did not finish the salad until today (Monday), and thus I am updating.

This is not your recipe for cucumber salad, Mom. I like more vinegar plus tomato, onion, salt, and pepper. You sliced the cukes very thing and then used sugar and white vinegar. I will have to try it your way some time. These I did with a mix of apple cider vinegar, British malt vinegar (Sarson's) just like you would find on the tables on most pubs in the United Kingdom, and a balsamic vinegar. I also added a bit of olive oil at Liesel's suggestion.

I get a better marinade of the vegetables in the jars. I add water, and so I will drain the mix some after a day or two. I find that mixing the salt and pepper works very well in the jars.




Missing you a lot today, Mom.

More tomorrow.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 29 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.02 - 18:15 and 1508.03 - 14:39

No comments: