Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #36 - a wedding


















Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #36 - a wedding



Hi Mom,

So there was this wedding.

Two of my dearest friends got married to each other.

They asked me to read something, and not just anything, a passage from one of my favorite all-time books (indebted forever to Elaine Klein): The Princess Bride.

I was very honored to be able to read at their ceremony.

When Abby asked me, I started to cry.

At Abby's suggestion, I started with the bit from the film about "marriage" (pronounced - "mah-wadge").

See it here:

FROM THE PRINCESS BRIDE film

Peter Cook: 


I paused, as I got a big laugh. Then "We're not going to do that bit."

This reading comes from the book The Princess Bride (I held up my copy). If you haven't read it, I am about to spoil part of it for you. This passage comes from early in the book before Westley goes off to be the Dread Pirate Roberts, just after he confesses to Buttercup that he loves her.

picture by Liesel
"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches… I have stayed these years in my hovel because of you. I have taught myself languages because of you. I have made my body strong because I thought you might be pleased by a strong body. I have lived my life with only the prayer that some sudden dawn you might glance in my direction. I have not known a moment in years when the sight of you did not send my heart careening against my rib cage. I have not known a night when your visage did not accompany me to sleep. There has not been a morning when you did not flutter behind my waking eyelids…

I love you. Okay? Want it louder? I love you. Spell it out, should I? I ell-oh-vee-ee why-oh-you. Want it backward? You love I."

As you can imagine, I hammed it up a little, but just a little.

I tried to be less theatrical and more down to earth, but the reading calls for louder and spelling, so it's a little theatrical.

The wedding was a wonderful time. I always love going to weddings with Liesel. But this one was attended by many of my favorite Ultimate people from KUDL. It was a great time.

Here's some of the official wedding pictures.




Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

Here's a picture of Liesel and me at the wedding.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 37 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.10 - 16:23 and again 1508.13 - 11:02

No comments: