Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #53 - Sarah Silverman's Mom Died


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #53 - Sarah Silverman's Mom Died

Hi Mom,

I now share a bond with Sarah Silverman.

Sarah Silverman's Mother, Beth Ann O'Hara, Dies at 73

Along with my wife and various friends, and even YOU, Mom, for my entire life, we are all part of the My Mother is Dead Club. Not a very cheerful club name. I considered calling it the My Mother Has Died Club, but that's more or less just as grim.

Unlike my wife and others I know, Sarah (May I call you Sarah, Ms. Silverman?) and I are part of the My Mother Has Died in 2015 Club. I don't know how many members this club has since generally news reports when a person dies and not a person's mother, which is why this news item caught my eye.

"Hey," I thought, "Sarah Silverman's mom died just like mine, and she announced it via Twitter."

Actually, I only announced mine via Twitter because my wife announced it via Facebook, and I felt that something should be on my wall (Twitter goes to my wall) to acknowledge what had happened.

I would like to think that Sarah Silverman would think that what I am doing (this blog) is kind of cool, even though I am not as funny as she is.

So, hey, Sarah, so sorry to hear about your mom. I know what it's like, though everyone's circumstances are different. You will find your way. I hope you have no regrets and managed to show your Mom all the love you ever wanted and to say all the things you ever wanted and that you had a good goodbye (as good as these goodbyes can be). I did, and yet I still miss my Mom, and I want her back. Hang in there. I would give you my phone number, but, well, that's weird, since we don't know each other.



Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 54 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.26 - 19:47 and 1508.29 - 8:46

No comments: