Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #49 - you look so happy




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #49 - you look so happy

Hi Mom,

It's me again.

It's significant as a milestone that you died 50 days ago, Mom. But I do not have much to say about that other than "wow, it's been 50 days."

In keeping with an original pledge that many of these blog entries would be short, I am going to keep this one brief and let he pictures do more of the talking.

Lori shared pictures of a Christmas celebration, which we quickly were able to identify as 2008 because I have short hair but no wedding ring. Those two identifiers could only exist in 2008, after I cut my hair, but before I married Liesel. On this Christmas Day, I had re-met Liesel, but we had not yet had our first date, and given recent events, then, I was convinced that we never would.

Anyway, the theme today is how happy you look in these pictures. You love Christmas. You love Christmas with your family. You were especially happy this year.

I do not always emphasize pictures from the post-meningitis era. At first (as I collected pictures after your death), I wanted to remember you as you were before the meningitis. And yet, such emphasis would leave out fifteen years of pictures and memories.

I may have shared this thought with you before and I surely will again, but I wish I had been taking pictures of just every day stuff all the time.

I like to think of you as happy as you are in these pictures.

I miss seeing that smile of yours, Mom.

me - wearing pink because Mom likes it (so do I)
short hair - no wedding ring proves it's 2008

Princess

BLOG ERRATA DEPARTMENT

- Just noticed the count was off as I had two #42s. Renumbered. Page URLs in the 40s will be off by one in some cases.

- Fixed "days ago" count yesterday as that was also off by one and added days ago all the way back to the first post along with the standard sign off, which I feature just below.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 50 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.23 - 10:59

No comments: